Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Cabrera...how injured is he?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member *TR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2001
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Initial reports seemed to indicate Cabrera's wounds were not serious and everything would be fine. Now reports are nothing is seriously wrong and he will be at about 80% for Spring Training. Jolbert depends on his speed and quickness for his success. I've just got this bad feeling that Cabrera may never again be the same player he was. I hope I'm wrong.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Adrian Beltre almost lost his life when he had emergency stomach surgery in his hometown.

    What a shame. I wonder how the town he lives in reacted knowing that local boy makes good is f'kd over by his own community.

    Are they at least going to crack down on car jackers a bit? Or is it no big deal?

    ------------------
    Alex

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hear stories that every year in the off-season Omar Vizquel goes back to his homeland, than goes deep into the jungle to meditate and go over his season.

    Usually, he is gone for a week or so.

    Is this true? I wonder if he brings his line of clothing to trade with unsurly sorts.

    ------------------
    Alex

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UK Tribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2001
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm worried about Cabrera too. I would be suprosed if he doesn't make a full recovery but it will affect his ability to push Bradley, Andrson & MacDonald in ST.

    If Cabrera starts on DL then it may delay the departure of Anderson or Macdonald which had looked inevitable.

    Like the Fryman, Jacob Cruz, Cordova situation last year.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member srg's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jolbert said last night on local tv that his butt is 80% healed.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the local officials in Jolbert's hometown have given him two bodyguards.

    Apparently, Jolbert didn't want them, but didn't say no either.

    His story is a bit wacky, but no matter what he did, it could be called into question.

    It was his first day back in his hometown...I wonder where he was before that day?

    And he was already on the way to the hospital to visit a relative...one of the bad guys had an UZI...sure glad he didn't shoot.



    ------------------
    Alex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •